a pink diamond

a pink diamond

Did you know that diamonds in nature are found in all the colors of the rainbow?

I think that’s nice.

And when a certain color is prominent, especially pink, light blue or lavender, it is known officially as “Fancy Color.”

I like that, too.

It makes me feel like, even with diamonds, Heavenly Father is telling me that He loves the differentness of all of us–and in all of our differentness, we can be considered “fancy.”

While it is known how are other colored diamonds get their color, no one is entirely sure how the pink diamond becomes pink.

It’s a mystery.

Kind of like women.

We are a mystery–even to ourselves.

The most expensive gem to be sold in the history of the world was a pink diamond.

It is called the “Graff Pink.

The Graff Pink

The Graff Pink

Which I think is a little anticlimactic.

Of course, it was named by a man.

I have some pink diamonds that are worth far more.  Of course, they are not actually mine in the literal sense–they are “on loan” from Heaven.  And they are named better, incidentally.

I have the Rachel, the Charity Loretta, the Emily April, the Esther Miriam, the Abigail, and the Allison Joy.  All one-of-a-kind rarities unlike any others on the face of the earth.

One Of My Modern Cut Pink Diamonds

One Of My Modern Cut Pink Diamonds

And here is another of my pink diamonds, cut in vintage style:

Another Of My Pink Diamonds

And, now, I have been given another to watch over:

The sassy and sparkly

addiejayneShe will be debuting in late May. She’ll definitely be a “fancy one.” :)

15 Comments

1. Congrats!!! I’m sorry about your bout with the flu. Have you been sentenced to bed rest yet? We’re having a little girl too, due mid-June. And my little boy is about the same age as your Noah Bear. But this is only my fourth. :) We’re thinking of the name Eleanor/Elanor/Elinor. Don’t know how I want to spell it yet. I like Elinor because of Sense and Sensibility, but I think the “a” is prettier than an “i.” is this me being mysterious or picky? :)

2. Congratulations Misty! I’m excited for you!

Shauna, We have an Eleanor and she is a sweetheart! I also thought that the “ea” spelling was more feminine.

Anne

• I agree. I think the “ea” is the prettiest version. Thanks for your input. Glad your Eleanor is a sweetheart.

3. That is SO exciting!!! Congratulations! I think it is wonderful that you welcome all these precious spirits with joy and thanksgiving. I love how you announced it as well. But if girls are diamonds, what gem are boys? Just asking because I have 6 of those. Have a happy 4ish months till you get to snuggle on your new little one! Oh, I LOVE her name!!! A beautiful name for a diamond!!
    Take care of yourself,
    Shelly

4. Congratulations. What a beautiful way to count your blessings and announce your newest little blessing.

5. Yes!! Im no longer in the pink club alone! :)

6. YAY!!!!!! I’m so excited for your lovely pink bundle! Congratulations to you and beautiful family!!!!!

Love,
    Rachel

7. What a fun way to announce what you are having!! How in the world did you pick out the name so fast? Were all your children as easy to name? We are having a heck of a time even narrowing down our list. Nothing “jumps” out at us. Not to mention our boy name list is rather long . . .

8. What a fun gender and name announcement! I love the names of your girls. Sorry to hear about you having the flu AGAIN! I was so blessed when I had my little guy on the 31st. My whole family had yucky colds right before the baby was due and I was the only one who didn’t get it. If I’d been sick, I wouldn’t have been able to visit my baby in the NICU- so it was a major blessing! I hope you get well soon.

9. So happy for you….I am a little (jealous) that you have made it to that golden time of child bearing where you know that you just have to give it all to God…my body didn’t make it that far. But I do absolutely adore my last little Pink Diamond….Avalyn Joy….what an amazing blessing of kindness, and girliness she has been to our family of mostly the Male Kind. Her oldest sister, and my oldest Pink Diamond can hardly stand to be without her, and her six big brothers pamper with all sorts of nonsense and stuff. Anyway, Congrats to you…and hope that all your previous issues with all have been satisfactorily solved. Loves and Hugs. Have a great day.

10. Can’t wait to meet her! Missing all your pink diamonds right now.

11. Such a sweet name! I have never named one of my kids before they were, born. It sounds like a very nice thing to do.

12. This is our first baby where we knew the name very early on–Addie is actually a family name, and a few months ago, my girls went to do temple baptisms and she was one who was baptized. When they got home, John and I were looking over the name cards with the girls, and we all just knew that was going to be the baby’s name.

For all of our other children, we didn’t know until after they were born. No matter when we know, it is always the babies who let us know what their names are to be…♥

13. Congratulations! I love having a house full of girls. :)

14. Congratulations–spelled out in pink! Yay for girlies! I only have two and def. need a few more, lol. I grew up with 5 younger sisters and was so surprised whe I had a boy first, hehe. Families are amazing things.
    I loved your analogy to diamonds. What girl doesn’t love gems? Ahem. Aside from my sister who prefers pearls. Anyway, so fun. Congrats!

Submit a Comment